Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Spelling Bee


Tonight was the 1st annual spelling bee by the college of education up at the school. The winner got a Brand New Mac book and the three runners up all received prizes as well. But the 3rd and 4th place winners got wimpy dictionaries. I signed up thinking that it would be a good experience, I have never been in a spelling bee before. but it turned out being much more difficult than I thought it would be. I lost in the second round! T.R.E.A.C.H.E.R.O.U.S. was the sad sad word that I went out on. Spelling Bees are difficult. The spotlight is shining directly in your eyes, my knees were shaking, the crowd heckled, it was just an all around scary experience. Oh well, if I didn't get out in the 2nd round I would have been eliminated like 1 or 2 rounds later. But ask me that word in 50 years and I guarantee that I won't misspell it again. I may still spell every fifth word or so wrong on this blog, but I will not spell treacherous wrong again.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Sorry--you got those jeans (yikes, I mean genes) from me!
    I guess that positive thinking stuff I sent you will be necessary after all--Love you :) your Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trevor i've never read your blog. I love it. Love, Julia

    ReplyDelete